To fit the campaign theme, only Elven characters are available as PCs. The only other races in the setting are Humans, Dwarves and Ogre-kin; the small races do not exist.
To allow for more variety, some of the Elves’ and Half-Elves’ racial abilities have been changed.
All Elven sub-races have …
- lifespans similar to humans
- medium size and a base movement rate of 30 feet
- low light vision (or Darkvision, for Half-Drow), and Keen Senses (Perception +2)
- knowledge of Elvish as their native tongue, and can learn Dwarf, Human and basic Ogre
These are the racial subtypes and their special abilities (from PF Core Rules and Advanced Player’s Guide):
The striking, dark-skinned Drow had an innate skill at sorcery – which is why they were feared even among elves and hunted to near-extinction by Dwarf and Man alike. One of your ancestors was a Drow, and has passed on his gifts to you.
Ability Score Adjustment: plus 2 to DEX, plus 2 to CHA, -2 to CON.
Darkvision instead of low-light vision
Half-elves are increasingly common in the Shady Dales, as Elves and Men mingle. Viewed with suspicion in either society, Half-Elves learn to read and influence others from an early age. Those with a robust physique may join the High King’s legions as soldiers or scouts.
Ability Score Adjustment: plus 2 to any one attribute
Wary (+1 bonus to Influence and Sense Motive checks)
The fair-skinned High Elves are the crafters and artisans of their kind. Most druids are / were High Elves.
Ability Score Adjustment: plus 2 to DEX, plus 2 to WIS, -2 to CON.
Adaptability (free skill focus feat)
Enduring and agile, Wild Elves are skilled in hunting and war. They are the most numerous of the elven sub-races.
Ability Score Adjustment: plus 2 to DEX.
Woodcraft (+1 racial bonus on Knowledge Nature / Survival checks, +2 in forest terrain)
In addition, all Elves may choose any three of the following racial abilities:
- Arcane Dabbler: You may cast a 0-level arcane spell of your choice as a spell-like ability a number of times per day equal to your level. The save DC is Charisma-based.
- Arcane Focus: +2 to concentration checks
- Dream Speaker: +1 save DCs of divination and sleep spells, cast “Dream” once per day
- Elemental Resistance: elemental resistance 5 to cold
- Elven Immunities: immune to magic sleep effects and +2 saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects
- Elven Magic: a +2 bonus on caster level checks made to overcome spell resistance and on all Spellcraft skill checks
- Eternal Grudge: +1 bonus on attack rolls against humanoids of the dwarf and ogre-kin subtypes
- Fleet Footed: receive Run as a bonus feat
- Warrior Reflexes: gain a +2 racial bonus on initiative checks
- Silent Hunter: reduced penalty for using Stealth while moving by 5, can make Stealth checks while running at –20
- Weapon Familiarity: bows
Elves of the Shady Dale have Celtic Names.